I haven’t had much time to update the blog this semester. My course load is eating up all of my free time just trying to keep up. Here’s a quick run-down of my typical weekly schedule:
- Monday: studio from 8:30-12:00, lunch, World Literature I from 1:00-1:50, back to the studio to work on History time line boards due Thursday and help classmates with their studio projects. 8:00-10:00pm: read 1/2 of World Lit assignment for Wed.
- Tuesday: Solid Edge from 8:00-9:15, work on Solid Edge (CAD) assignment (due Thursday) from 9:15-11:45, 11:50-12:25 lunch, Professional Practice from 12:30-1:45, History of Industrial Design from 2:00-3:15, work on CAD and History projects and help classmates with their studio work until 5:00 or 6:00. Finish World Lit assignment after kids go to bed.
- Wednesday: Repeat Monday’s schedule- emphasis on completing CAD and History assignments due Thursday.
- Thursday: Repeat Tuesday’s schedule (though I’m not usually able to complete the CAD assignment for Tuesday because I’m finishing this weeks History assignment).
- Friday: more of the same from Monday and Wednesday, try and get home by 5:00.
- Saturday: Cook breakfast, update my photo blog, misc. household chores, work on CAD assignment (typically 4-6 hours), start reading World Lit assignment for Monday.
- Sunday: Catch-up day: all the stuff I didn’t get finished the week before (usually reading and finishing up the CAD assignment). Make sure the bike is good to go for another week.
It’s a good thing I’m TA-ing my studio class this semester. If I had to add the studio work to my schedule I don’t know when I would sleep. But as the great Tin Man Lau is fond of saying: “one day you sleep forever” ;-)